From stunning mountain ranges and snaking rivers, to famously enchanting wineries and an eclectic collection of little country towns, South Australia offers some of the most varied experiences in the country. Combine the broken, rugged and rust-coloured landscape of the Flinders Ranges with the rolling green hills and pristine coastline of the Fleurieu Peninsula and you have the bookends of this special adventure. The Festival state is also home to a compact collection of some of the most appealing and authentic heritage rail journeys in Australia.
Tour Leader: Phillip Mackenzie
Single Supplement: $695
ARHS Discount: $200
Date: 9 May 2021 – 17 May 2021
- Enjoy an exclusive private charter on the famous Pichi Richi Railway from Quorn to Woolshed Flat and back behind the historic NM 25 and its vintage carriages.
- Explore the Flinders Ranges, the Fleurieu Peninsula, Port Augusta, Adelaide and beyond
- Ride the Heritage Steam Ranger train down the hinterland of the Fleurieu Peninsula and along the stunning coastline route of the Cockle Train
- Take in the Light and Sound Show at Steamtown in Peterborough
- Take off on a four-wheel drive tour of the exceptional Wilpena Pound
- Enjoy a special sunset drinks and canapés at Stokes Hill in the Flinders Ranges
- Explore multiple museums, homesteads, wineries and quaint country gardens
- Enjoy the comfort of quality coach connections, the best hotels and motels on offer, fine meals and the company of your experienced celebrity tour leaders.