The route of the legendary ‘Sunlander’ is now the haunt of some of Australia’s most advanced and efficient long distance passenger trains. Soak up the best the Sunshine State has to offer on an exciting and historical Queensland rail tour through the Wide Bay and Tropical North riding on the modern ‘Spirit of Queensland’ a train with comfort, style and a schedule that allows for a hop on hop off adventure all the way from Brisbane to Cairns in the far North.
Find out the best value of Queensland holiday packages & travel deals on sale now at Railway Adventures.
Tour Leader: Mike Condon
Single Supplement: $975
ARHS Discount: $250
Date: 26 Jul 2021 – 9 Aug 2021
- Take a variety of daylight trains up the Queensland coast
- Enjoy boat journeys around Magnetic Island and the Whitsundays and whale watching in Hervey Bay
- Steam train extravaganza on the Mary Valley Rattle
- Explore historic cities, towns and villages: Hinkler, Mt Morgan, Military, Rail and Reef Museum visits
- Comfortable coach connections along the way
- Behind-the-scenes look at the sugar, rum and rail industries
- Day trip in Cairns to Port Douglas and Mossman Gorge