An illustrated history of NZR’s final, and highly successful, steam locomotive design. Introduced in 1946, thirty five of these 4-8-2 locomotives were built by NZR at its Hillside Workshops in Dunedin, and an additional sixteen were built by the North British Locomotive Co of Glasgow. The two batches never met in regular service – the Dunedin-built locomotives always being South Island-based, while their Glasgow-built sisters were always based in the North Island.
36 pages of which 12 are in full colour. A5 format, staple bound.
Author: Sean Millar