Covering the 2-8-0 goods engines introduced between 1912 and 1925.
- Why some engines came ahead of others, some withsuperheaters, some without.
- The many changes and improvements made over theyears.
- Examination of the traffic the 310 engineshauled on many lines in New South Wales.
- The many problems that affected the locos andthe conversion of many 55 class to burn oil.
- A look at the related K class of theCommonwealth Railways.
Written in the authorsentertaining and authoritative style.
Fully illustrated with over 296 photographs, numerous drawings and diagrams, poems, data tables, full index.