First established in 1995 to handle nuclear traffic DRS has grown over the years to become one of the UKs most innovative and powerful rail freight companies.
Famous for the unique variety of operational motive power this new DVD highlights both lineside action and rare site visits over the years including:-
– Nuclear:- Sellafield (featuring a historic visit to Sellafield in 1995).
– Heysham nuclear train, Seaton-on-Tees branch. Sellafield, Crewe trains.
– Intermodal:- Daventry (DIRFT). Malcolm’s site at Grangemouth to see the ‘Tesco’ train unloading.
– Main line action of the Tesco, Malcolm and Russell services including aerial shots.
– A new flow of plaster board from Kirkby Thore to Elderslie.
– Other DRS traffic:- Network Rail – Serco trains, DRS passenger set, and unusual special workings. Sandite services.
– As well as a unique visit to the Carlisle depot and headquarters.
– Classes featured:- 20, 33, 37, 47, & 66.